Points are considered posted when they appear in your AAdvantage account. Unless otherwise noted, the activity date will be the date of the transaction, regardless of when it is posted. For example, if you book a hotel stay for the future, the activity date will be the checkout date. Or if your flight took place February 28 and it doesn’t post until March 5, it counts towards the previous program year.
- Paid Surveys Online: Almost immediately
- Flights on AA: points post within 24 hours after completing the travel (purchases for flights with an AA co-branded card post after the close of your billing cycle each month). The activity date is the departure date.
- BAAH / RM: 5-7 business days after the stay. In some cases, it can take up to 6 weeks. The activity date will be the checkout date.
- SimplyMiles (SM): users have reported that it varies significantly. Some earnings are posted the next day, others take a week or two, or longer.
- AAdvantage eShopping: It will depend on the terms. Some post in a day, others in a week, or even after a 60-day period. With some merchants, you must wait until the order is picked up or delivered. Regardless, you will have to give at least 15 days. If it doesn’t post within 15 days, you submit a request for credit. Cartera will research the request and it may take 6-8 weeks to resolve (up to 6 months in extreme cases). Merchants typically don’t report earnings back to Cartera until the purchase has shipped, is picked up, or is completed. With some merchants, earnings may be split if items are shipped at different times.
- AAdvantage Dining: you will receive an e-mail within a day or two
- AA co-branded Cards: points earned through American Airlines co-branded credit cards are posted after the statement closes each month. Ensure that you’re AAdvantage # is added to your account
- AA Vacations: miles will post within 2 weeks after travel is complete. A mileage credit may appear in your account after travel for 0 miles but this is not the final amount.